Federal Student Aid
Federal student aid includes Federal Grants, Federal Work Study, and Federal Loans. Federal aid is financial aid from the federal government to help you pay for educational expenses. Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid to qualify for any federal assistance.
Basic Student Eligibility
General eligibility requirements are that a student must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen, as defined by the U.S. Department of Education
- Have a valid Social Security Number (with some exceptions, contact UAFS Financial Aid)
- Be registered with Selective Service, you were born male
- Be accepted/enrolled as a regular student in an eligible degree/certificate program
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Have a high school diploma or recognized equivalent
- Complete the FAFSA
The U.S. Department of Education is the final authority on all federal aid programs. All awards will be based on the most current regulations. Information included in the UAFS Financial Aid website is solely for information purposes is not intended to be used as any authority governing any federal aid program.
For more information regarding federal aid programs that are available, please visit StudentAid.Gov.