Accepting Your Financial Aid
Go to your My.UAFS account online at http://my.uafs.edu
- Click Students
- Click Student Services and Financial Aid
- Click View my financial aid status
- Select the correct Financial Aid Year and submit
- Click awarded
- Click Accept Award Offer tab
- Use dropdown box next to each fund to select Accept/Decline
The Financial Aid Office will be holding FAFSA workshops on the second floor of the Smith-Pendergraft Campus Center, every Tuesday throughout March and April, from 3:00 PM to 5:30 PM.
To take full advantage of any FAFSA Workshop, please make sure to have the following items:
NOTE: FSA IDs should be created before the FAFSA Workshop for use. To create an FSA ID, please visit http://fsaid.ed.gov
Obtaining the Tax Return Transcript or Letter of Non-Filing Status
- Visit www.irs.gov/transcript to request a Tax Return Transcript
- To print directly, click the “Get Transcript ONLINE” button.
- To request a mailed copy, click the “Get Transcript by MAIL” button.
- Students and parents may also submit the Form 4506-T to the IRS to request additional tax documentation, such as the Tax Return Transcript, Verification of Non-filing, and Wage and Income Statement.
2015 income and tax information is required for both the 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 FAFSA.
NOTE: If a tax return was filed for the requested tax year, a Tax Return Transcript will be available. If a tax return was not filed for the requested tax year, a Letter of Non-Filing Status will be provided.
What is Verification?
Verification is a review process that a school must use to confirm that data reported on the FAFSA is accurate for those selected by the U.S. Department of Education. The school has the authority to request documentation that supports income and other information reported on the FAFSA. Here is additional information about the Verification process.
Satisfactory Academic Progress
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) is made up of 3 components: GPA, Course Completion Rate, and a Maximum Timeframe. Students are required to maintain a cumulative UAFS GPA of 2.0 and 67% course completion rate as well as complete their degree with 150% of the credit hours required for degree completion. Here is our full SAP Policy and SAP Appeal Forms.
Veteran Affairs Educational Benefits
Veteran Affairs offers a variety of educational benefits to qualifying veterans based on their service history. For additional resources please visit our Veteran Services webpage.