2017-18 UAFS Foundation Scholarship Hub and Resource Engine
The General Application process is now CLOSED but will re-open March 1, 2018.
The UAFS Foundation is proud to introduce our new online scholarship application system called LION’S SHARE, powered by AcademicWorks software. Our scholarships are possible because LIONS SHARE: Generous donors share their resources for a variety of scholarships for eligible students.
LION’S SHARE has many useful online features and benefits. The user friendly site allows students to search for scholarships for which they are eligible, then review the requirements, make an application, and accept awards. Please review “Getting Started” and begin your application.
The LION’S SHARE link should only be used to apply for Foundation scholarships, not university scholarships.
What is LION’S SHARE?
- The Lion’s SHARE is a UAFS Foundation’s new online scholarship application system that is powered by AcademicWorks software. Students will be able to apply to scholarships offered by the UAFS Foundation with just a few simple steps! Faculty, staff, and others who are involved with the scholarship administration will also be able to use Lion’s SHARE to review applicants, select and notify recipients, and monitor the scholarship process.
I like the old scholarship paper application process so can I still apply that way?
- The UAFS Foundation decided to use Lion’s SHARE as the only scholarship application system in order to simplify the process for all involved, especially the students.
- The process has been simplified by allowing students to fill out one General Application which will match them to scholarships they qualify for based on their academic record and answers given to their application.
- In addition to scholarships they automatically qualify for, they may also be able to apply for additional scholarships by answering a few more questions specific to that particular scholarship.
- The entire process is much more efficient and allows students, reviewers, and administrators the opportunity to track the application process online.
Is LION’S SHARE user friendly?
- Lion’s SHARE is very user friendly. Students will use their university login to create an account.
- New students must first apply for admission to the University of Arkansas - Fort Smith and be accepted. The acceptance letter will include student’s username and ID number.
- Current students should use their current My.UAFS user login credentials.
- Once their account is created, it will automatically pre-fill information from the student’s record which is updated nightly. The student will then be able to complete a General Application.
- Based on their answers and student record, Lion’s SHARE automatically matches the student to any scholarship they qualify for.
- If you’re having difficulty getting into your university account, please contact the Techonology Services Desk. They are available from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Friday, and are located in the Gardner Building, room 102. They can be reached via phone at 479-788-7460, or by email at email@example.com.
- Another great feature of Lion’s SHARE is the automatically generated email notifications that students receive which keeps them updated through the application process.
When can I start completing my application online?
- The General Scholarship application opens in the spring semester during the first week of March.
- However, there are a few scholarships offered at various times through the year. Notifications of an available scholarship will be sent to student email accounts that have created an account with Lion’s SHARE. You can create an account with Lion’s SHARE at any time after acceptance to UAFS.
Do I have to be a full-time day undergraduate student to apply?
- Yes and no, depending on the scholarship requirements. Most of the scholarships are for current full-time sophomore and above undergrads, but there are several that apply to non-traditional, part-time, freshmen, and graduate students. The requirements of the scholarship are listed on the AcademicWorks Opportunities page within Lion’s SHARE.
How many scholarships may a student apply for within LION’S SHARE?
- Students may apply for as many scholarships for which they meet the stated scholarship criteria. The General Application will automatically match scholarships based on the student’s answers and imported data from their student record. In addition, there may be additional scholarships for which a student is qualified for which require the student to answer just a few extra questions. However, in order to apply to these, the student MUST complete the General Application first in order to qualify for any additional opportunities.
Are international students eligible to apply for scholarships on LION’S SHARE?
- All students enrolled at University of Arkansas - Fort Smith are eligible as long as they meet the specified scholarship criteria. Incoming international students who are not currently enrolled, or have not been admitted, are not eligible to apply.
How is financial need criteria determined if a scholarship is based on that information?
- Financial need is determined by the submission and results of a FAFSA (Free application for Federal Student Aid) application. The student’s FAFSA must be submitted and processed by the Financial Aid Office. Please contact the Financial Aid Office if you have any questions regarding FAFSA.
How will I be notified if there are issues with my application or I have been awarded a scholarship?
- Scholarship applicants will receive email notifications ONLY through your University of Arkansas - Fort Smith email account. Be sure to check your email frequently for any updated information regarding your application or scholarships that you have not applied to yet.
- Follow this LION’S SHARE link. (link will open a new tab)
- Review the Welcome Message.
- Sign in with your MyUAFS id and password (not your email) by clicking on the Sign In button in the top right corner.
- Complete the General Application and any other Recommended Opportunity questions.
- The deadline to apply for most scholarships is June 1, 2017.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.