The National League for Nursing Pre-Admission Exam (NLN PAX) must be taken by students applying to the LPN Program at the University of Arkansas - Fort Smith.
How do I register for the computerized NLN PAX
- NLN-PAX testing registration
- See instructions to register on the Student Guide to NLN Testing Portal
- You will first need to create a new account.
- You will be sent a time sensitive link to the email address that you entered when creating a new account. You must confirm the account before it can be used.
- Once you have created your password and logged in, choose “Exam Sessions.”
- Type the name of the school “University of Arkansas Fort Smith.”
- Choose “NLN Pre Admission Exam 4 26 2016.”
- Select the “Register” button then select “Save Registration” button.
- When you are successful the dashboard will have a green banner stating that your Registration has been saved.
Register early. The registration deadline is five days prior to the exam but only 38 tests are available per session.
No wait list is available. No off-site tests will be authorized.
How much does the computerized exam cost and are refunds given
The exam fee is $39 and there are no refunds. Forms of payment include major credit cards such as Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express and PayPal.
What if I need to reschedule my exam
There are no refunds. You must register for the next available exam.
What should I bring to the exam session
A printed copy of your “Exam Confirmation”
Bring one photo ID
Bring another form of ID such as Social Security card, birth certificate, etc.
Bring pencils with erasers
NO CALCULATORS allowed
It is important that you arrive at least 30 minutes prior to exam time. The testing session starts promptly with 10-15 minutes of pre-test instructions and registration information. Students cannot be admitted once the session starts. Do not bring books, notes, cell phones, or calculators.
Can I prepare for the exam
A study guide and general test information are available at www.nlnonlinetesting.org. Contact NLN customer service at 1-800-732-8656. The content area includes: Science, Math, Verbal skills, and Reading comprehension.
Who receives the exam results and how do I know if I passed
You will receive your results immediately following the exam. UA - Fort Smith will also receive a copy of your exam results. Students must earn a minimum overall score of 105 (composite percentile score at the 60th percentile) on the NLN Pre- Admission Exam (PAX-PN) prior to the application deadline for the program. To apply for the Technical Certificate in Practical Nursing (LPN) then print and complete an application packet.
If you have questions about the Health Sciences program then contact Carol Hill at:
- Office: Pendergraft Health Sciences Center 112
- Phone: 479-788-7840
- Fax: 479-424-6840
- Email: Carol.Hill@uafs.edu
Test dates remaining for 2016
Tuesday, April 26, 2016
Register early. The registration deadline is five days prior to the exam but only 38 tests are available per session. No wait list available. No off-site tests will be authorized.
You should arrive 30 minutes early.
There is a three (3) month waiting period before those who fail the test can retake it again.
Students are allowed one retake during that semester.
Retakes are for test failures only.
To schedule a retake, you must contact the NLN at 1-800-732-8656 and tell them that you want to retest.