Add / Drop Course & Tuition Refund
- Failure to attend and/or pay tuition does not constitute official withdrawal.
- Students who are on financial aid and/or receiving scholarships should check with the Financial Aid Office before withdrawing from any course.
- Withdrawals through the 11th day of full-semester fall and spring courses and the
fifth day of the summer terms are not recorded on the student's permanent record.
- Full-semester spring and fall courses dropped before the semester begins and during
the first week of the semester are given a 100 percent refund. Beginning in the second
week and until the 11th class day, courses are dropped at the 50-percent rate. Courses
dropped after the 11th day are not refunded.
- Refunds for shorter courses, such as eight-week courses, will be calculated on a prorated
basis of a regular semester course.
- Summer courses dropped before the term begins and during the first two days are given
a 100 percent refund. Beginning on the third day and until the fifth class day, courses
are dropped at the 50-percent rate. Courses dropped after the fifth day are not refunded.
- Students withdrawing from a credit course before 5 p.m. on Friday of the 12th week
(or posted last day to withdraw) of the fall or spring semester will receive a W on
their permanent record.
- Summer term students withdrawing from a credit class before 5 p.m. on Friday of the fourth week of the five-week term in which they are enrolled will receive a W on their permanent record.
Process for Dropping/Adding Courses
Students with web registration access may add or drop classes before the start of the semester via My.UAFS. Students without web registration access may drop through an advisor and the Registrar's Office.
Students with web registration access may add or drop classes via web registration on My.UAFS during the first week of the semester (schedule adjustment period) to add or drop classes. The schedule adjustment period is the first week of the fall or spring term. Web registration access will end at 5 p.m. on the Friday of the first week of the semester.