Submitting Final Grades in Banner Self-Service (BSS)
Follow the steps below for entering final grades for non-Blackboard courses in BSS.
For courses using Blackboard, please see the instructions for pushing grades from
the Blackboard grade book.
- Click on the Faculty tab of My.UAFS
- Click Banner Self-Service (BSS) and log in
- Under Faculty Services, click Final Grades
- Select Current Term and click Submit
- Click CRN Selection
- Select a class and click Submit CRN
- Click Final Grades
- Enter each student’s grade by using the drop-down menu option or tabbing four times
and typing the letter grade.
- Include the last date of attendance for all students receiving an F as the final grade.
Dates should be entered in the MM/DD/YYYY following format. Students who never attended
should be assigned the first day of the semester. Students who “earned” the F should
be assigned the last day of the semester. Grades for the entire class will not be submitted if the date is not entered or entered
- After entering the grades, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Submit Grades. This will save and submit grades. Do not click Reset unless you want to erase all entered grades. To enter another class, scroll to the bottom of the page, click the CRN Selection link, and follow the instructions from step 7.
Please note the following:
- The final date of attendance should only be entered for an F grade. Do not enter a last date of attendance for a grade of W or D.
- A date within the beginning and end dates of the semester must be used when entering
the last date of attendance.
- For students who never attended, enter the first day of the semester,
- For students who attended the entire semester and “earned” the F, enter the final day of the semester.
- For online courses, the last date of attendance is determined by the final time the student participated in the course in a meaningful way. Simply accessing the course is not considered attendance.
- Students who withdrew from a course have a W auto-populated as the final grade. Do not type another grade over the W. If the roster does not indicate a W as the final grade, the student has not withdrawn from the course and the grade must be entered.
- IP (In Progress) grades can only be entered by the Registrar’s Office upon receipt of an IP contract. See the UAFS IP policy for the procedure for assigning an IP grade.
- Once grades are submitted, double check to make sure all are in by signing off the system, logging on again, and going to each roster.
- Courses with high enrollment could have two pages of grades, so check at the bottom of the page to see there is an additional page to the roster.
- Contact the Registrar’s Office regarding any student who attended and completed work in a course but does not show on the roster.
For any questions regarding the grade submission process, please contact the registrar at 479-788-7407 or firstname.lastname@example.org.