The University of Arkansas Fort Smith is a campus that prides itself on being open to all kinds of students, especially to those who are looking to further their education in our own community. Because of this, we have a number of options and resources for our non-traditional students, including night classes, fully online degree programs, and our Academic Success Center that are all essential in assisting these students in finding success with UAFS. We are a welcoming, flexible campus that wants to help you achieve your educational goals, no matter where we meet you in life.
- A completed Application for Admission.
- Application Deadlines
- Fall 2019: August 12
- Spring 2020: January 8
- Fall 2020: August 12
- An official transcript of grades and credits from each college/university previously attended. Students must have a 2.00 (on a 4.00 scale) cumulative GPA on all previous coursework to be automatically admitted to UAFS. Students with less than a 2.00 Cumulative GPA will undergo further review for possible admission. Students must be in good financial and disciplinary standing and must not have been academically suspended from the last institution attended. Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended must be submitted or sent directly to the Registrar’s Office in an official, sealed, school envelope. Official transcripts must be received two weeks prior to the beginning of the term in which the student wishes to enroll. Once submitted, students should allow ten business days for transcripts to be evaluated. Students may not register for courses until all official transcripts have been received and evaluated. Students should be prepared to submit course descriptions for coursework older than 15 years. Falsifying any part of the Application for Admission and/or failing to report previous college work will prevent a student from receiving federal financial aid and/or admission to the university.
- If students has less than 12 hours of transfer credit from their previous institution, high school or GED information may be requested.
- Test scores: ACT, SAT, Accuplacer, equivalent placement scores, or previous college course work demonstrating acceptable reading, English, and math placement.
- Proof of immunization against measles, mumps, and rubella. Immunity can be shown by providing proof of having received two doses of measles, two doses of mumps, and two doses of rubella, vaccine.