Summer and Fall Dates for Standards of Academic Progress Appeals
The deadline date for appeals to be submitted is Wednesday the week prior to the meeting. The standards of Academic Progress Committee are scheduled to meet on the dates listed below.
- April 19th
- May 29th
- May 31st (THIS IS THE FINAL APPEAL DATE FOR SUMMER)
- June 21st
- July 13th
- July 27th
- August 10th
- August 24th
- September 7th
- September 21st (THIS IS THE FINAL APPEAL DATE FOR FALL)
NOTE: Students who are currently enrolled must wait until the end of the semester and SAP status has been updated to submit an appeal.
The Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2017 allows a student to receive Federal Pell Grant funds for up to 150 percent of the student's Pell Grant Scheduled Award for an award year. This provision is effective beginning with the 2017-2018 financial aid award year. For more information go to Year Round Pell Grants.
The Office of Financial Aid at UAFS is currently implementing a new verification solution called ProVerifiy. Because of the implementation of this new system we are extending the priority processing deadline from March 1 to March 31 to allow students adequate time to complete the FAFSA and satisfy all of their outstanding requirements.
In order to ensure that your financial aid is awarded before the start of the Fall 2018 semester please complete your FAFSA and all outstanding financial aid requirements by March 31, 2018. For questions about verification, ProVerify, FAFSA, or anything financial aid call us at 479-788-7090 or email email@example.com.
New Verification Process Beginning 2018-2019
The University of Arkansas - Fort Smith (UAFS) is pleased to announce our new automated verification process called ProVerify. We will begin using ProVerify for verification on February 14, 2018. If your FAFSA application is selected for verification by the U.S Department of Education you will receive an email at your UAFS email address introducing ProVerify.
What Happens Next?
A link will be included in the introductory communication inviting you to access the ProVerify system and do the following:
- Confirm your identity (authentication).
- Create a secure password.
- Access your Documents and begin the verification process (this includes the completion of online forms).
Upon receipt of all required documents, the automated verification process will begin. Students will be notified via email or text if there are any questions or if any additional documentation is required.
Once verification has been completed, the UAFS Office of Financial Aid will complete the awarding process and send you an award notification. In addition you can monitor the status of your financial aid by logging into your MyUAFS account.
Fill out the 2018-19 FAFSA.
Make college more affordable with financial aid! Complete your FAFSA early. Visit FAFSA.gov to get started.
Why complete the FAFSA early?
- Complete your FAFSA and satisfy any outstanding requirements by March 1, 2018 and your 2018/2019 financial aid will be packaged with priority!
- Receive the maximum amount of federal aid you are eligible for and more state aid and scholarships. Arkansas Challenge and Arkansas Futures Grant require a complete FAFSA.
- Less stress! Get your FAFSA done now and you won’t have to stress about financial aid deadlines, having funds to buy books, or late fees next year. Plus, getting it off your plate gives you more time to study, play ultimate Frisbee, or root on the Lions at Homecoming.
If you need assistance completing your FAFSA, check out our workshop dates and times below.
Let us know if you need any help!
UPDATE: The IRS Data Retrieval Tool on the FAFSA is available for the 2018-2019 aid year.
The Financial Aid Office will be holding FAFSA workshops on the second floor of the Smith-Pendergraft Campus Center, on the dates below from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
February 13, 2018
February 27, 2018
March 13, 2018
March 27, 2018
April 10, 2018
April 24, 2018
To take full advantage of any FAFSA Workshop, please make sure to have the following items:
- Student FSA ID (must be present to use)
- Parent FSA ID (must be present to use)
- 2016 tax returns for students and parent(s), if taxes were filed for 2016
- 2016 W-2s for student and parent(s), if worked in 2016
NOTE: FSA IDs should be created before the FAFSA Workshop for use. To create an FSA ID, please visit their website.
Obtaining the Tax Return Transcript or Letter of Non-Filing Status
- To request a Tax Return Transcript.
- To print directly, click the “Get Transcript ONLINE” button.
- To request a mailed copy, click the “Get Transcript by MAIL” button.
- Students and parents may also submit the Form 4506-T to the IRS to request additional tax documentation, such as the Tax Return Transcript, Verification of Non-filing, and Wage and Income Statement.
2015 income and tax information is required for 2017-2018 FAFSA.
NOTE: If a tax return was filed for the requested tax year, a Tax Return Transcript will be available. If a tax return was not filed for the requested tax year, a Letter of Non-Filing Status will be provided.
Accepting Your Financial Aid
- Click Students
- Click Financial Aid
- Login to Banner Self-Service
- Select the correct Financial Aid Year and submit
What is Verification?
Verification is a review process that a school must use to confirm that data reported on the FAFSA is accurate for those selected by the U.S. Department of Education. The school has the authority to request documentation that supports income and other information reported on the FAFSA. Here is additional information about the Verification process.
Satisfactory Academic Progress
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) is made up of 3 components: GPA, Course Completion Rate, and a Maximum Timeframe. Students are required to maintain a cumulative UAFS GPA of 2.0 and 67% course completion rate as well as complete their degree with 150% of the credit hours required for degree completion. Here is our full SAP Policy and SAP Appeal Forms.
Veteran Affairs Educational Benefits
Veteran Affairs offers a variety of educational benefits to qualifying veterans based on their service history. For additional resources please visit our Veteran Services webpage.