July 1: 2019-2020 UAFS Financial Aid Completion Deadline
- Complete you 2019-2020 FAFSA
- If a student completes their FAFSA or financial aid file after July 1
- Your file will still be processed and aid eligibility will be determined.
- However, if the student is selected for verification or has other outstanding requirements needing to be reviewed the university cannot guarantee that aid will be awarded by the fall payment deadline.
- Therefore, a student will need to be prepared to make alternate payment arrangements by the payment due date.
- Fall 2019 Payment Deadline: August 9, 2019
Summer 2019 Financial Aid!
Processing Begins March 18th
- Half time enrollment (6 credit hours) required for Year Round Pell and loans
- Must be enrolled prior to Summer Census (June 10, 2019)
- Courses added after Summer Census (June 10, 2019) will not be considered for summer financial aid.
Financial Aid Verification Process
The University of Arkansas - Fort Smith (UAFS) partners with ProVerify to process verification.
Financial Aid Priority Date of March 1st has passed…
Didn’t meet the priority date? It’s NOT too late!!
- Complete the 2019-2020 FAFSA as soon as possible
- It takes approximately 5-7 business day for Financial Aid to receive your FAFSA
- Visit FAFSA website to get started.
- Check your UAFS Email
- Financial aid will communicate with your via email
- Check my.UAFS
- Any outstanding requirements will be listed for you to complete
- Find out if your aid has been awarded
- Veteran’s and Dependents submit your request to certify
If you need assistance completing your FAFSA, check out our workshop dates and times below.
You need to gather some information to complete your FAFSA. See what you need here.
Please contact financial aid, we are here to assist you!
The IRS Data Retrieval Tool on the FAFSA is available for the 2019-2020 aid year.
The Financial Aid Office will be holding FAFSA workshops on the dates below.
On the second floor of the Smith-Pendergraft Campus Center
3:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
March 5, 2019
March 19, 2019
April 9, 2019
April 23, 2019
To take full advantage of any FAFSA Workshop, please make sure to have the following items:
- Student FSA ID (must be present to use)
- Parent FSA ID (must be present to use)
- 2017 tax returns for students and parent(s), if taxes were filed for 2017
- 2017 W-2s for student and parent(s), if worked in 2017
NOTE: FSA IDs should be created before the FAFSA Workshop for use. To create an FSA ID, please visit their website.
Obtaining the Tax Return Transcript or Letter of Non-Filing Status
- To request a Tax Return Transcript.
- To print directly, click the “Get Transcript ONLINE” button.
- To request a mailed copy, click the “Get Transcript by MAIL” button.
- Students and parents may also submit the Form 4506-T (PDF will open in new tab) to the IRS to request additional tax documentation, such as the Tax Return Transcript, Verification of Non-filing, and Wage and Income Statement.
2016 income and tax information is required for 2018-2019 FAFSA
2017 income and tax information is required for 2019-2020 FAFSA
NOTE: If a tax return was filed for the requested tax year, a Tax Return Transcript will be available. If a tax return was not filed for the requested tax year, a Letter of Non-Filing Status will be provided.
Accepting Your Financial Aid
- Click Students
- Click Financial Aid
- Login to Banner Self-Service
- Select the correct Financial Aid Year and submit
What is Verification?
Verification is a review process that a school must use to confirm that data reported on the FAFSA is accurate for those selected by the U.S. Department of Education. The school has the authority to request documentation that supports income and other information reported on the FAFSA. Here is additional information about the Verification process.
Satisfactory Academic Progress
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) is made up of 3 components: GPA, Course Completion Rate, and a Maximum Timeframe. Students are required to maintain a cumulative UAFS GPA of 2.0 and 67% course completion rate as well as complete their degree with 150% of the credit hours required for degree completion. Here is our full SAP Policy and SAP Appeal Forms.
Veteran Affairs Educational Benefits
Veteran Affairs offers a variety of educational benefits to qualifying veterans based on their service history. For additional resources please visit our Veteran Services webpage.