LION’S SHARE will be closed until March 1, 2019
2019-2020 UAFS Foundation Scholarship Hub and Resource Engine
The UAFS Foundation is proud to introduce our new online scholarship application system called LION’S SHARE, powered by AcademicWorks software. Our scholarships are possible because LIONS SHARE: Generous donors share their resources for a variety of scholarships for eligible students.
LION’S SHARE has many useful online features and benefits. The user friendly site allows students to search for scholarships for which they are eligible, then review the requirements, make an application, and accept awards. Please review “Getting Started” and begin your application.
The LION’S SHARE link should only be used to apply for Foundation scholarships, not university scholarships.
What is LION’S SHARE?
- Lion's Share is UAFS Foundation's online Scholarship Hub and Resource Engine powered by AcademicWorks. UAFS students can search for and apply to scholarships with just a few simple steps.
- These scholarships are offered through the UAFS Foundation because of the generosity of private donors. These awards are separate from those offered through the UAFS Financial Aid Office.
Who can apply?
- All UAFS students are encouraged to apply, but currently most scholarship opportunities are available to sophomore level students and above.
- All Lion's Share scholarships are very competitive. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee that you will be awarded.
When do I apply?
- The general scholarship opens in the spring semester during the first week of March. For the 2018-19 academic year, Lion's Share will be available March 1 - May 15.
- Not all scholarship opportunities accept applications through May 15th. Be sure to check specific open and close dates for each opportunity.
How will I be contacted about my application?
- Scholarship applicants will receive email notifications ONLY through UAFS email accounts. Be sure to check your email frequently for any updated information regarding your application.
- Foundation.email@example.com will be the main way you will be contacted. Please use the same email for questions about your application/award.
- Follow the "Apply Now" link above.
- Review the Welcome Message.
- Sign in with your My.UAFS user ID (not your email) and password.
- Complete the General Application. The General Application is all that is required to apply for MOST of the opportunities.
- In addition to the General Application, be sure to check for Recommended Opportunities located under the Opportunities tab. These are "Apply-To" opportunities and require answering supplemental questions.
- Submit before the deadline. Individual deadlines vary, but Lion's Share will close May 15, 2018.