The UAFS Foundation will begin accepting applications through Lion’s Share for the 2020-21 academic year on November 1.
Lion’s Share, UAFS Foundation’s Scholarship Hub and Resource Engine, connects UAFS students to scholarships made possible by the generous support of private donors. This simple, online application gives current and prospective students another resource to help pay for college. Please be aware that Lion’s Share is only for UAFS Foundation scholarships. University scholarships (merit, prestigious, etc.) must be applied for separately.
What is LION’S SHARE?
- Lion Share is UAFS Foundation’s online Scholarship Hub and Resource Engine powered by Blackbaud Award Management. UAFS students can easily search and apply for over 250 different opportunities. Currently, the UAFS Foundation provides nearly $2 million in scholarships.
- These scholarships are offered through the UAFS Foundation because of the generosity of private donors. These awards are separate from those offered through the UAFS Financial Aid Office.
Who can apply?
- All UAFS students are encouraged to apply!
- Lion’s Share scholarships are very competitive. Please be aware that meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee that you will be awarded.
When do I apply?
- For the 2020-21 academic years, the general application opens November 1. The priority deadline for submission is December 1, but Lion’s Share will remain open and late applications will be accepted.
- Not all scholarship opportunities accept applications November 1 – December 1. Be sure to check specific open and close dates for each opportunity.
How will I be contacted about my application?
- Scholarship applicants will receive email notifications ONLY through UAFS email accounts. Be sure to check your email frequently for any updated information regarding your application.
- Foundation.email@example.com will be the main way you will be contacted. Please use the same email for questions about your application/award.
- Follow the "Apply Today" link above.
- Review the Welcome Message.
- Sign in with your My.UAFS user ID (not your email) and password.
- Complete the General Application. The General Application is all that is required to apply for MOST of the opportunities.
- In addition to the General Application, be sure to check for Recommended Opportunities located under the Opportunities tab. These are "Apply-To" opportunities and require answering supplemental questions.
- Submit before the deadline. Individual scholarship deadlines vary but the priority deadline for applications is Dec 1, 2019.