Testing Center Policies
When taking a test in the Testing Center (Smith-Pendergraft Campus Center, room 205), you agree to abide by the following policies:
- You must present official identification, such as a driver’s license, passport, University of Arkansas-Fort Smith or other university ID, or State ID prior to taking a test. You will not be allowed to take a test without proper identification.
- All cell phones, smart watches, beepers, and pagers must be off and put away.
- “Silent” and “vibrate” are not considered off.
- Making or receiving phone calls while testing is strictly prohibited.
- The use of any electronic device while testing is prohibited.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the Testing Center.
- No children are allowed in the Testing Center.
- No one who is not testing may remain in the Testing Center. There are areas outside the Testing Center that can provide adequate seating for visitors.
- Please refrain from talking to your neighbor (or yourself) during testing. This is very distracting to others who are trying to concentrate.
- Once you start the test, you may not leave the Center until you have completed and turned in the test. Under no circumstances should you ever leave the Center with your exam. Please visit the facilities prior to testing.
- If a student is suspected of cheating, Testing Center staff will report the incident to the Coordinator and to the instructor by written report.
MATERIALS USED DURING TESTING
- Unless your instructor leaves specific instructions for your test, students are not allowed to use any extraneous materials such as books, notes, calculators, etc., while in the Center.
- Make sure you have a clear understanding of the requirements for your test before you arrive to take it.
- There are lockers available, free of charge, to retain items while testing.
- Tests are administered by appointment and on a walk-in basis during the times noted below. It is your responsibility to allow sufficient time for completing the exam within the published testing hours of the center. All exams are collected at closing.
- Testing center hours are subject to change during holidays and summer semesters. Please call to confirm the hours prior to testing.
- Testing Hours:
- Monday – 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tuesday – 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday – 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Thursday – 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday – 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday – closed
- Complimentary Parking Permits may be emailed or received in person for the day of testing. These are temporary permits that may only be used for a single day.