Educational Benefits

To receive benefits under the GI Bill®, you must first apply to Department of Veterans Affairs and complete the necessary application available at the VA GI Bill website.


At UAFS, student veterans can meet one-on-one with the VA School Certifying Official to find out more about benefits, process paperwork, and certifying enrollment. The veterans coordinator’s office is located in Financial Aid on the second floor of the Smith-Pendergraft Campus Center.


Heather Chance
VA School Certifying Official
University of Arkansas - Fort Smith
5210 Grand Avenue
Campus Center 212
Fort Smith, AR 72913

UAFS Request Hours be Certified to VA Summer 2020

UAFS Request Hours be Certified to VA Fall 2020


GI Bill® Benefits


VA Pamphlets and Brochures


bell tower and sundial